Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the process for our Owner Financing?
- If you see a property you are interested in, below are the steps to purchase the property:
- Fill out the deposit agreement.
- Bring in the required down payment in certified funds (money order or cashier’s check) to take the property off the market.
- We will do a rental and employment verification.
- You will need landlord reference and copies of cancelled checks, money orders, or bank statements for 1 year. If you rent from a apartment complex or property management company, we can accept a print out from them. We do NOT take receipts or a letter from your landlord.
- You will need an employment reference and a copy of two recent pay stubs
- Payment calculation is done as follows. Take the current amount you pay in rent multiply by 1.3 (ex $1000.00 x 1.3=$1300.00). Your total is what you can go up to for your payment. Some situations are different. If you have any questions, please contact our office.
- In some cases, we may ask for a larger down payment or 12 checks for the first 12 monthly payments.
- You must have or be able to obtain a SC Driver's License.
What parts of town do you have Owner Financed homes in?
- If you are approved, we can have a closing in 3 weeks or less!
Is the amount I put down refundable?
- We have properties for sale in various parts of town such as Southeast Columbia, Northeast Columbia, Lexington, and Irmo.
What type of financing do I go through to purchase an Owner Financed Home?
- If you are not approved, the deposit is fully refundable.
- Once a deposit is placed on a property and you have turned in all of the required paperwork, we will begin the approval process of your application. Our properties are first come, first serve. So please make sure to bring in all necessary documents so that we can begin your approval process. If you decide within the 3 business days that you do not want the property, a $250 administrative fee will be taken out of the deposit. In order to receive the remainder of the deposit, we must receive a written request and it will take 10 business days to receive the refund.
Does the payment include include taxes and insurance?
- The type of loan is known as a Lease-Option contract. Prime Financial Services will hold the deed to the property until you make the final payment or until you refinance the property. You can exercise the option of refinancing after 24 months.
Does your office accept Section 8 housing?
- The payment amount advertised includes principal, interest, taxes and insurance.
- Due to our type of financing program, we are unable to accept Section 8 housing
7. How do I put money down on a property after business hours?
8. If you are interested in viewing one of our vacant rental properties, we will need the following to allow you to receive the key to look at the property:
* Copy of Driver's License
* $50 deposit (refundable once key is returned)
* Current phone number
9. Is there an Application Fee?
- Yes. There is a Non Refundable $50.00 application fee per person for all Rental and Owner Financed homes. The $50.00 must be payable in certified funds or money order and submitted with your application. No application will be reviewed without the fee.
10. Forms of payment that we accept for house payments and HOA fees (not down payments or security deposits) are certified funds, money order, personal check, Visa, Master Card, and Discover. Using your Visa, Master Card or Discover there is a fee of $15.00 (minimum) or 5% (whichever is more) for doing so.
11. If you mail something to us requiring a signature, there will be a fee of $15.00.
© Prime Financial Services, 4001 Rosewood Drive., Columbia, SC 29205